The Super Bowl (aka Big Game) can be a fun event to get the kids excited – even if your family members are not big sports fans.
Here are some fun Super Bowl Ideas for Kids to make the big game – big fun.
Super Bowl Ideas for Kids
Make your own Football T-shirt
Buy some plain T-shirts at a thrift store or at a local dollar store. Then take some fabric markers found at stores like Michaels or AC Moore (worth the investment) and have the kids draw footballs, cheerleaders, the name of their favorite team, the number of their favorite quarterback, all over the T-shirts. They can sport their custom designed gear on the day of the big game.
Make Football Cookies
Buy some pre-made sugar cookie dough and make football cutouts. Bake and then have kids decorate with chocolate frosting and white piping, to make football cookies.
Make a Cake Football Field
As an alternative to cookies, make a sheet cake and then mix green food coloring into white frosting. Have the kids frost the cake green. Take white piping and make lines like you would see on a football field. For goal posts, take popsicle sticks, or lollipop sticks, and glue or tape together. Place on each end of the cake.
Make Game Day worthy snacks
To make game day lunch or dinner into a Super Bowl feast, here are some ideas to serve up.
1. Make a fun football dip to serve with veggies or whole grain chips.
- a package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- a cup (4 ounces) of provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, crab, cottage cheese, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Form mixture into a football shape. Arrange some pretzel sticks over the top for football-like ‘laces’. Serve with crackers and/or vegetables.
2. Make chili or chowder (or buy the stuff premade!) Buy boule bread and hollow out. Serve the chowder or soup in these “super bowls”.
Juice Box Footballs
Take brown construction paper and wrap around a juice box. Use a white crayon to create football ‘laces’ for a fun way to serve juice.
For fun coloring sheets to keep them entertained before or during the game, visit my post here.
Serve the cookies or cake you made, decorate the space, wear the t-shirts, and get ready to root for your favorite team!