Finding a good stroller is like finding a great partner. You know it when you see it, but not after a lot of trial and error (and many duds along the way.) Which is why I know that the Stokke® Scoot™ Stroller is my knight in shining armor.
When looking for a stroller, many Moms say they want form and function. They want a form that enables them to go shopping and navigate the aisles. They want to be able to get the stroller in and out of the car without busting a spleen. However, they want a stroller that has functionality, like a good storage basket, adequate sun canopy or recline, and a snack tray. Yet, it seems like it is the proverbale “have your cake and eat it too” mentality. How many times have we been told we can’t have both?
Well, in the way of strollers, now you can. (Or, come awfully close anyway.)
Stokke Scoot Stroller Review
The Stokke® Scoot™ Stroller is that blend between form and function. While heavier than a umbrella stroller, it has its sweet boy ease – it is streamlined, it’s easy to open and close, put in the car, and navigate. However, it has the functionality you see in the heavy bad boys, with a great basket, recline, reversible seat, and canopy.
It is not an inexpensive stroller though. It retails for $499 and you can purchase it directly from Stokke®, but you get your money’s worth with the features and the daily function factor. Which is what I have learned over the years is important. You can use it with baby (with an infant car seat or the sweet Stokke® Softbag) or for a toddler, or up to a tall 4 year old. You can easily navigate it with one hand while holding a latte, store a diaper bag on the integrated hooks with tons of room for shopping hauls in the basket below. Your kiddo will be comfy with adequate sun (or rain) protection, and the ability to lean back and take a snooze.
I have to keep it real though. It is not without its quirks. The stroller brake is not pedicure friendly. I’ve seen stroller breaks on the handlebars now and would have like to have seen it here. There are no accessories that seem to work on the Scoot. For example, I got the adult cup holder, but it seems to only work on the XPlory®. I can’t figure it out, but maybe it is just me. Plus, the ability to easily adjust the harness strap height is not there. You have to undo the fabric on the entire seat (and then get it back on again). However, if you can over look those these things: perhaps you’re not a flip flop gal and how often do you really need to adjust the strap height over the course of owning the stroller? This could tick off your stroller relationship must-haves.
Just watch this video showing the features in action…including the ability to fold in just three steps.
It truly is one of the better strollers I have seen in recent years, and I have seen (and owned) many. Which is why I am truly excited to give one away to one of you. Yes, one of you will win a Stokke Scoot Stroller in your choice of color with a retail value of $499. A dream come true, right!?
Congrats to Yolanda who won with this amazing Pinterest Board!
This contest is for those of you following me on Pinterest (which you may want to do…just saying.)
1. Create an inspiring and creative Pinterest board. Is it a Pinterest board with fun places and spaces you would go if you had the stroller? Maybe your board uses the color of the stroller you would want to win as your inspiration? (It comes in dark navy, brown, purple, red, black and beige mélange, beige and urban blue.)
2. Once you have created your board entitled Snazzy Stokke Scoot, come back here and post a comment in the Rafflecopter widget below with the link to your board.
3. One winner will be chosen based on creatively, originality, and/or effort.
4. The prize is one Stokke® Scoot™ Stroller in your choice of color!
5. Full rules can be found here. By entering, you are agreeing to abide by those rules.
6. The contest ends on November 26, 2013 at 11pm ET and a winner will be chosen by December 1st, 2013 and posted here.
7. Must be 18+ and a U.S./Canadian Citizen only.
8. You have extra entry chances after posting your board link!
Don’t forget to follow Stokke® on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram. There are many more amazing products (I love their high chair and baby seat!) to check out! And share your Pinterest board using the #StokkeScoot hashtag.
Then we can all live Stokke Scoot-ly ever after!