Everyday Heroes Club
Sesame Street announced a new initiative, Sesame Street’s Everyday Heroes Club, to continue its mission of helping kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder.
The project includes engaging online activities, hilarious Muppet videos, local events and a social media campaign to share stories – all to encourage kids and families to engage in acts of kindness, like helping a friend or a family member; being kind to the environment or to animals; volunteering to help others; giving friendly words, and more – and to teach kids that practicing kindness not only makes other people feel good, you feel good too!
Kids and families can share their act of kindness on the Sesame Heroes website to earn a membership card, club certificate, and special badges including “Manners,” “Respect,” “Giving,” and “Sharing.
Other components of Sesame Street’s Everyday Heroes Club include:
- Featured kid stories, pay-it-forward challenges and the Superhero Stance photo campaign.
- Local events at The New York Public Library, The Miami Children’s Museum, The Chicago Children’s Museum, and numerous local PBS Stations across the country.
- Original Muppet videos explaining the campaign, providing examples of acts of kindness, talking with children about being kind, giving encouragement and much more.
- A new song by Grammy Award-nominated musician, Aloe Blacc, “Everyday Heroes” will be featured on Sesame Street’s YouTube channel.
- Special Partner participation with American Greetings, Ape Entertainment, Apple & Eve, Earth’s Best, Hasbro, HBO, PBS, Studio Fun, and Random House with special donations; and
- The Everyday Heroes Club programs at Beaches Resorts, including on-site “kindness mission” activities, badge rewards for guests, and more.
Kudos to Sesame Street for considering kindness in its efforts!