This one of the many Ninja Cooking System Recipes features a warm bread pudding that is perfect for a special breakfast or brunch on a crisp fall day or when snow is briskly falling outside. Apples and pecans cook in the pot with a maple-butter sauce, then are tossed with cubes of challah in a spiced milk mixture. Cover and let the sweet aroma fill your kitchen as it cooks. I can smell it already. But, it is easy to make, even with kids running around or if you are still in your bathrobe and bunny slippers! And if you don’t know how sweet this appliance is, see my video post here!
Apple French Toast Casserole
PREP: 20 min
COOK: 2 hours and 10 minutes
What you need:
½ cup butter
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
1 cup chopped pecans
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup pure maple syrup
1 loaf challah bread (about 1 pound), cut into cubes
6 large eggs
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What you need to do:
1. Place butter into pot.
2. Set to STOVETOP HIGH and heat until butter is melted.
3. Place apples, pecans, brown sugar, and syrup in pot.
4. Cook uncovered 10 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring often.
5. Place bread in bowl.
6. Beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt in another bowl.
7. Pour egg mixture over bread and stir to coat.
8. Pour bread mixture into pot and stir.
9. Set to SLOW COOK HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Cover and cook until center is set.
10. Turn off pot. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
That sounds fantastic. I pinned it to Pinterest so I will remember to make this for a post-wedding breakfast party we’re having in a few months for a friend.