This post is sponsored by Boudreaux’s Butt Paste®, the effective diaper rash cream that treats and prevents diaper rash with every change. Let’s kick some rash!
I have two kids in diapers now. Which means wet sheets, blowouts, leak throughs, at least ten changes a day, and a constant stream of UPS diaper deliveries.
But the thing I hate most, is when I change a diaper and see the tell-tale ‘Butt-Burn’; bright red skin that causes your little one to scream when you wipe their bottom.
Raise your hand if you feel the Mom guilt when that happens.
When it does happen (not if…when), you want to clear it up…and fast. After almost three years of diapers in this house, there are only a few products that I find work well. Some are natural, and some are not. Some work with cloth diapers, and some do not. One diaper rash brand to consider is Boudreaux’s Butt Paste. Not only does the name shoot straight, so does the actual product.
My pediatrician told me about it a couple years ago, and I liked the range of the product line. You can pick up the Original (16% zinc oxide), the All Natural or the super duper Butt Paste (with 40% zinc oxide) so the ‘bottom line’ is that there is something for everyone. You can get a tub of it, or a less messier version with a cap top that you can flip open with one hand. You can find it on Diapers.com and you can see that it gets great ratings too.
Remember to throw a tube in your diaper bag in case you discover a diaper rash when traveling, or to treat an existing rash when you are out and about. Always wash your hands after an application, and it is best to have a tube of diaper rash cream for each child to minimize contamination between kids.
However, while it is great to find a product that kicks diaper rash, it’s better if you minimize the amount of diaper rash you have to kick. If you find that your child gets frequent diaper rashes, here are six ideas to reduce the rash repetitiveness:
- Change diaper brands. Not all diaper brands work for every child. If you see some irritation, try another brand.
- Change the size. If a diaper is too small, it can reduce airflow making a wet diaper sit on the skin, which can cause irritation. So size up to see if that helps.
- Change diapers often. Leaving a wet diaper on a baby can cause irritation so make sure diapers are dry most of the time by changing the diaper every couple of hours.
- Change rash cream brands. Frankly, you may need to try a different cream. Every child is different, including those in your own family, so don’t assume that what works for your daughter will work for your son, or what works for your baby will work for your toddler.
- Use a stronger diaper rash cream. Fussing around with creams that don’t work just prolongs the misery for both the baby and you. So pick up stronger cream with a higher zinc oxide percentage to see if that will take care of the rash.
- Visit the doctor. Sometimes it isn’t diaper rash. So if nothing is working, check in with your doctor to see if it may be something else.
Diaper rashes are an inevitable parenting issue for most of us Moms and Dads. However, having the right products on hand like Boudreaux’s Butt Paste, can go a long way in minimizing occurrences or minimizing the length of time of a rash.
I’d love to hear your tips and trick for handling diaper rash, so leave a comment below! To say thanks, one of you will win a great Baby prize pack with an assortment of gift cards to Walmart, Babies ‘R Us, and Target ($150 value)! Then head over to the Boudreaux’s Facebook Page to share stories and tips about your parenting chronicles with diaper rash! They’d love to hear from you!
Contest has ended. Congrats to Samyra!
Rules: (Gotta have them)
+Leave a comment about this post; US entrants welcome. Include your name and email in the appropriate fields so I can contact you if you win. (Including just first name or first name + last initial is OK!). For your safety, please do not put your email in the actual comment. Anonymous or SPAM-like comments will be discarded. Entry period closes at 11:59PM ET, Tuesday, August 7, 2012.
+ + One lucky winner (drawn randomly via “And the Winner is” WordPress plugin) will receive one baby prize pack from Boudreaux Butt Paste/Daily BuzzMoms containing an assortment of gift cards valued at $150. No substitutions and the winner will be notified directly via e-mail who has roughly 48 hours to respond and claim their prize. They then will be listed back at this post using first name only.
+++A minimum of 5 people must enter in order for the Giveaway to occur. Winner must comply with all rules mentioned here or linked here, or a new winner will be selected. Charlene Chronicles has the final decision on the winner and is not responsible for wrong email addresses or notification being tagged as spam. Prize will be fulfilled by the Third Party mentioned in these rules and any issues with prize fulfillment shall be directed to said Third Party. Charlene Chronicles is not responsible or shall be held liable for said prize fulfillment. Entry into this giveaway/contest means you agree to all the terms listed and the full legal disclosures found here.
As part of the DailyBuzz Moms Featured Publisher Program, I received a stipend and a Boudreaux’s Butt Paste® Mom Toolkit in exchange for my participation in this program. However, all thoughts, ideas, and opinions are my own.