In these final moments (days? hours?) of my pregnancy, I figured I better jot down some thoughts. I could be mushy, but decided that would be another post.
So I think the best way to recap this pregnancy is think about what I won’t miss about being pregnant and what I am most looking forward to in my postpartum-ness. Which, probably are one in the same, now that I think of it.
But here are the top five things I won’t miss about being pregnant.
1. Having to pee sitting sideways because the baby was so low that it felt like it was going to fall out at any moment.
2. Not being able to walk fast, because it felt like the baby was going to fall out at any moment.
3. Not being able to sleep because the baby felt like it would burst out of my body at any moment.
4. Not being able to workout because of sciatica flare up at any moment (pain caused by point #2.)
5. Getting confused with all the pregnancy food rules, and thus feeling like a Mom failure before even giving birth at any moment.
Here are my top things that I will miss about being pregnant.
3. Well, I….
5. Oh, I know! When people would give up their seat to let me sit down or would slow down in a crosswalk so I could cross the street! (Wait, that was the movie I watched last night. Never mind.)
Seriously, though, it has been a blessing. It has been a tough road, both before and during, but we are blessed to be at this point. I have enjoyed sharing fun times and sharing my pregnancy pouts. While I am seriously freaked out that I will be a Mom to TWO kids, I’m still in denial that I am a Mom to one. I could always view it as a fluke, but hard to do with two. Kind of makes the family real, though I am not getting into the discussion about whether it is “complete yet” which I am sure the family will be asking within hours of giving birth. (Way to let me chill out.)
So what I am looking forward to this summer is:
1. Being able to get around without a huge basketball belly. Yes, I miss my feet.
2. Working out again. Yes, I miss the treadmill.
3. My old clothes. Yes, I miss being able to wear more than one article of clothing.
4. Being able to pee straight up and not sideways. (Obvious miss factor)
5. People not asking me if I am carrying twins, about to give birth any day now, and whether I am going to have more kids.
So stay tuned for my upcoming posts on my struggles with two kids, a blog, a dog, a husband and bad hair days. And thank you to everyone for their support, comments, and laughs as I have waddled my way through the last 9 months!
Great summary of the final days of pregnancy!! It certainly brought back memories for me. It is at once such an exciting and utterly miserable time. I had so much joint pain in the final weeks of my last pregnancy that I couldn’t climb into bed anymore and was in agony just getting on and off the couch. Then I had to prop myself up with pillows and just lay on my back all the time because it hurt my hips too much to roll over. Ugh. I hope you will find yourself un-pregnant very soon. Can’t wait to see pics of your sweet baby girl. 🙂
Sending you lots of good thoughts these final days! <3