As we all know, kids grow out of clothes and toys so fast. The result is an empty wallet and a basement full of old stuff. No worries though. Massachusetts is loaded with consignment shops geared just for kids. So if you are looking to unload old gear or pick up some deals, here are the top places to check out.
West of Boston
- Kid to Kid (Natick) – gently-used kids clothes, toys, books, and baby gear.
- The Children’s Corner (Waltham) – carries both moderately priced and upscale, gently used European clothing in sizes infant through 12.
- Once Again Kids (Shrewsbury) – infants through children’s size 12, most brands including many designer labels, toys, books, CD’s and DVD’s, equipment and accessories.
- Growing Up Resale (Belmont) – offers a wide selection of gently used, higher end brands of boys & girls clothes, toys, and maternity wear. The store also offers short-term rentals of popular baby and travel gear
- The Children’s Orchard (Westborough, Norwood, Milford) – a franchise with a nice selection of gently used children’s clothing.
- Buttons and Bows (West Acton) -only the finest quality children’s clothing and accessories, cute maternity wear, baby gear and designer diaper bags.
- Pink Dolly (Arlington) – Gently used clothing for babies, kids and moms-to-be.
- Little Fox Retail Shop (Arlington) – gently used children’s toys, books, games, clothes, infant equipment, and maternity wear.
- The Children’s Orchard (Brookline) – a franchise with a nice selection of gently used children’s clothing.
South of Boston
- Susie’s Selections (Abington) – Children’s and maternity clothing, baby gear, toys and movies.
- Kidsignment Store (Hanson) – like-new, brand name children’s clothing (infants to teens), shoes & accessories, baby items, electronic toys/games, books, DVD’s, and sports equipment.
- The Children’s Orchard (Seekonk) – a franchise with a nice selection of gently used children’s clothing.
North of Boston
- Liena’s (Winchester) – Gently used children’s clothing, shoes, strollers, baby carriers, books, and novelty toys. Sizes range from infant to size 8.
- The Children’s Orchard (Billerica, Danvers, Newburyport, Rowley) – a franchise with a nice selection of gently used children’s clothing.
Check out the respective websites for more details, including store hours and donation guidelines, and if you know of any other kid consignment shops, let me know!
Image Credit: je1196 via stock.xchng